A Special Economic Zone is a duty-free-zone which is considered to be a foreign territory that is out of customs jurisdiction. It is created for the purpose of trade operations, duties and tariffs. The Government of India (GOI) has identified, that a strong and well-functioning Special Economic Zone (SEZ) is critical for the growth aspirations of our country. Therefore GOI has put in place a comprehensive SEZ Act and Rules streamlining and simplifying the administrative and legal infrastructure to encourage export oriented business out of the SEZ.
SEZ Online is a total integrated solution offered by NDML for the administration of SEZ to facilitate speedy processing of various transactions that SEZ developers/units have with the SEZ administration.
How can an MSME benefit from this scheme?
- Duty-free import/domestic procurement of goods for development, operation and maintenance of SEZ units.
- 100% income tax exemption on export income for SEZ units under Section 10AA of the Income Tax Act for first 5 years, 50% for next 5 years thereafter and 50% of the ploughed back export profit for next 5 years.
- Exemption from central sales tax (CST) and service tax
- Single window clearance for central and state level approvals
Eligibility Criteria :
What is the eligibility criteria for this scheme?
All medium and large enterprises are eligible to apply for this scheme.
Application and Documents Required
How can an MSME apply for this scheme and what are the documents required to apply for this scheme?
An MSME can apply for this scheme online by clicking here
- An entrepreneur shall first register himself as a user of SEZ Online so that he has a User id and password to access the system. For registration, the user shall have to enter few basic details and submit theNew Unit registration form
- After registration, the entrepreneur (user) shall log on to SEZ Online system.
- He will fill an online proposal for setting up a unit in SEZ in prescribed ‘Form F’.
- On submission of Form F Online, SEZ online system will generate unique request id. Once the application (Form F) is submitted online, the user can not make any further changes in it.
- The user can track the status of his new unit application by using the request id, after log on to the SEZ Online system.
- The user shall take a print of the Form F from the SEZ Online system and submit it to the DC’s office along with necessary supporting documents in physical form and applications fees. Payment of New unit application fees to DC will be done outside the SEZ Online system.
- As the application is approved, the user shall receive a notification in the e-mail id (provided during registration) about the same. The user shall also be able to view the same after logging in to the system using his/her User id and password.