Tapping into new markets is important for every business. This means not only tapping into local markets, but also international ones. However, most SMEs lack the necessary funding to take their products to international trade fairs. This is where the government’s Marketing Development Assistance scheme comes into play.
The Marketing Development Assistance scheme offers SMEs air fare and rental reimbursements for participating in trade fairs out of the country. This allows an SME to display their products in international trade shows and tap into new markets.
How does an SME benefit from this scheme?
This scheme offers SMEs loans up to ₹1.25 lakh to participate in international fairs, study tours abroad, and trade delegations.
It also offers reimbursement up to 75% of air fare by economy class and 50% of rental charges for general category entrepreneurs and 100% for women, scheduled caste, and scheduled tribes.
What is the eligibility criteria for this scheme?
All SMEs involved in manufacturing are eligible for this scheme.
How can an SME apply for this scheme?
An SME can apply for this scheme by clicking here.
Documents are required to apply for this scheme?
The following documents are required to apply for this scheme.
- Copy of SSI Registration certificate issued by GM (DIC) or Directorate of Industries
- Demand Draft in favour of PAO (MSME) for 50% rental charges of booked space
- Details of 1/2 participating members
- Photocopy of valid passport
Which documents are required for reimbursement of expenses?
The following documents are required for the reimbursement of expenses.
- Duplicate receipt of bill
- Copy of passport indicating details of departure, arrival, and country visited
- Original air ticket (if lost photocopy of the original copy and certificate reflecting the details of travel)
- Feedback report with details of business generated in terms of number and values
- Claim form (within one month of arrival in India)